From the Public Secondary Vocational School to the Group of Vocational Schools
After 50 years from the beginning of the vocational school we are asking ourselves what school it was at that time when it was being born with toil, in the country destroyed by the World War II, in the area administrated by Germans during last centuries. It is very difficult to answer this question because there have been few documents left, few principals’ names, organizational stages, meagre photographic materials which we are unable to interprete fully.
The school taught and raised the children making ethical, intellectual and vocational demands. It was never easy, particularly at the beginning, when schoolchildren differed because of age, knowledge they had, religion, habits, creating the colourful mosaic of almost the all Polish dialects of Vilnius, Volhynia, Warmia, Masuria, Warsaw and Kielce regions.
It appears from preserved chronicles that pupils and teachers equally tried to build the status and authority of the school in the local circle. By dint of great effort and courage of the first principals and teachers, the school came into being in the local area.
The school name and its organisational forms were changing within 50 years of its existence. It was caused by the specificity of the region, needs of the community and the changing of the technical and economic reality.
The beginnings of the school are bound up with bringing the Public Secondary Vocational School in Nidzica, then situated in the building of Primary School at 4, Kościuszko Street, into being by the Regional School Superintend from Olsztyn on 1st October, 1947. The initiator of the educational institution , Ms Maria Nadratowska, arranged two classes, one with general vocational domain and the other with administrative and merchant domain. There were 36 pupils altogether. In 1948 Mr Czesław Jakubowski was appointed the first head teacher.
In the school year 1952/53 the domain was changed and the school began to teach the metalworkers of metal gallantry. There were 87 pupils.
In 1953 the school building at 3, Jagiełło Street, destroyed by the war, was rebuild. There were classrooms, a boarding-school on the second floor and the workshops on the ground floor. It had very modest equipment.
In 1954 the school was renamed into the Basic Vocational School in Nidzica and gained a new speciality : mechanic and tractor driver. Learning lasted two years in four classes. Nine teachers taught 140 pupils.
In 1958 new school curricula were introduced, the period of teaching was lengthen to three years and as the result the number of classes increased to six. The school name was changed into Basic Agriculture Mechanisation School.
Beyond the town in Wyborska Street, the building of new school workshops was finished. Owing to that, the classrooms occupied by the workshops were vacated and could be assigned for classrooms of agricultural machines and agrimotors.
In September 1962, within BAMS , the basic vocational school with supplement education came into being, salesman domain. During the subsequent years the school taught how to be a hairdresser, a cook, a tailor, a watch-maker, a typist, a carpenter, an electrician, a baker,
a confectioner and other.
In the school year 1964/65, at both types of school, 31 teachers taught 561 schoolchildren.
Thank that rapid development, the town authorities allocated a new building in Kolejowa Street to the school. After quick adaptation work it was allocated for a boarding-school.
The turning year, when the formation of fundamental type and visage of the school began and when Mechanical Technical School with the domain of machines and agricultural devices mechanic was created, was 1965. The decision was made because of the needs of local community-the lack of specialists with secondary education of that profession.
On 7th September, 1969 the Mechanical Technical School got the name for ensign of Civic Militia, Władysław Nachciński.
The years 1966-71 were the years of educational reform, which could be visible at school among other things, in preparing every now and again new classrooms such as agrimotors classroom, electrotechnics classroom, agricultural machines classroom, physics classroom, technology classroom, chemistry classroom and draught classroom. Modern audiovisual aids such as film projectors, OHP projectors, television sets, epidiascopes and radio sets having the crucial influence on activation of the educational process were bought.
In 1971 at Technical School a new speciality was created: metalworker to meet the requirements of the local Factory of X-ray Apparatus and Medical Devices.
Since 1973 all vocational schools in Nidzica got common name : The Group of Vocational Schools in Nidzica. There were further changes in the organisational structure of the Group. In that year the Polish Vocational Secondary School was founded with the speciality of mechanic driver. In 1974 the Post Secondary School Department was brought into being with the speciality of electromechanics and extra-mural technical school with the speciality of building of machines.
In 1977 the speciality of the Post Secondary School Department was changed into mechanisation of agriculture , the recruitment to the Polish Vocational Secondary School with the speciality of machining was stopped.
The decade of 1970s at the Group of Vocational Schools was the time of modernisation and extension of school premises. The then headmaster, Mr Tadeusz Kocik, and the school staff together took upon themselves the responsibility to fulfil the task.
In 1970 the boarding-school in Wyborska Street began its functioning and in 1976 the room of vehicles assembly was set in motion. Two years later the gym hall and a new school building in Wyborska Street were built. In 1980 it was named for Stanisław Staszic.
The activity of the school met with approbation and in March, 1978 the Minister of Education and Upbringing, Mr Jerzy Kuberski paid the visit and in 1979 the Parliamentary Committee of Education and Upbringing visited our school.
In 1985 the patronage agreement was signed between the Group of Vocational Schools in Nidzica and the Group of Agricultural Enterprises “Łyna”, POM Nidzica, WSS Nidzica, Regional Department of Home Affairs, Komuna Paryska Shipyard in Gdańsk.
In 1989 the whole Group of Vocational Schools was named for Stanisław Staszic.
The years 1990s meant the period of great historical, social and economic transformation. They had a reflection on School life. In 1990 Mr Ryszard Kumelski was appointed the new headmaster of the Group of Vocational Schools. Together with teachers, students and other school workers, he started the process of creating a new school which should face the new technical, economic and social challenges. Having had the willingness not to “produce” the unemployed, the management with the cooperation with Superintendent’s Office in Olsztyn and Regional Job Centre in Nidzica decided to introduce new educational specialities suited to the needs of the new economic reality. The Mechanisation of Agriculture Technical School in 1994, the Polish Vocational Secondary School- the speciality of car mechanic in 1995, the Preparing for the Job School in 1993 and Mechanical Technical School on the basis of basic vocational school in 1996 discontinued the recruitment of students. In 1995 the speciality preparing agrimotors mechanics at the Basic Vocational School was brought to an end. The branch of mining school was liquidated in 1991.
In 1993 Mechanical Technical School with the machines building specialisation , in 1993 the Polish Secondary Vocational School with the worker of office management specialisation and in 1995 the Polish Secondary Economic School with the specialisation in finances and accountancy were commenced. In 1996 the specialisation preparing to fulfil the duties of building installations fitter was commenced at Basic Vocational School.
In the school year 1996/97 one thousand two hundred and two (1202) students attend the following types of schools at the Group of Vocational Schools:
Mechanical Technical School, mechanic technician, specialisation in building of machines;
Mechanical Technical School, mechanic technician, specialisation in exploitation and repairing of vehicles;
Polish Secondary Vocational School, vehicles mechanic;
Mechanical Technical School (on the basis of basic vocational school), machines and agrimotors;
Polish Secondary Vocational School with the worker of office management specialisation;
Polish Secondary Economic School, economist technician with the specialisation in finances and accountancy;
Basic Vocational School educates the mechanics of agricultural machines, machines and industrial devices, vehicles, sanitary installations, ironworkers and welders.
Basic Vocational School for Under Age Workers educates carpenters, seamstresses, upholsterers, wiremen, bakers, salesmen, waiters, hair stylists, photographers and others, according to the needs express by institutions concerned.
The heads of the school:
Ms Maria Nadratowska , 1947-1948
Mr Czesław Jakubowski, 1948-1952
Mr Piotr Żuchlewski, 1952-1954
Mr Bolesław Obarek, 1954-1962
Mr Tadeusz Kocik, 1962-1982
Mr Zdzisław Bielasty, 1982-1989
Mr Feliks Pięta, 1989-1990
Mr Ryszard Kumelski, 1990-1998
Mr Edmund Smoliński, 1998 - 31st August 2005
Mr Dariusz Wółkiewicz, 1st September 2005 - still
The Group of Vocational Schools became the biggest technical school concentrating the youths from nearby communes. It tried to modify the educational system. By taking part in the MOVE program sponsored by European Union, the School enters XXI century unhesitatingly, adjusting to the needs of market economy and democratic society.
(Nasza strona nie używa cookies, ani innych technologii szpiegujących.)